Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pardon

...my absence. I was in Hawaii for about a month and these are the two sketches I did until I lost my pens (somehow, or possibly stolen) in the mess. Here is my first sketch full of energy: a sketch on the plane ride there. I don't know how some sketchers sketch the passengers on planes/buses/trains; I probably would freak them out if I kept staring at them. I especially like that seatbelt... It really is hangin'
My days were spent with various combinations of surfing, napping, eating, tanning, working, shopping, and hanging out with friends. A sketch of the view (opposite from the ocean) while I was tanning in Waikiki:

And then I lost my pens... I don't know how but I kept them on the side pocket of my small backpack and went out so either it fell out or someone just decided to 'borrow' them. No excuses really but ball point pens really aren't my favorites. So instead I enjoyed my time in Hawaii until I came back. 

Since I don't have my car here in the Bay Area either I am stuck with using public transportation. I'm starting to notice that Caltrains does a good job at dropping you off at really convenient locations where there's some life in the town. So today I took the Caltrains to California Avenue in Palo Alto. That street were homes to some nice cafes, Mollie Stone's grocery store, restaurants, thrift store, book store, and I randomly found an art store (Accent Arts)! Happy to see one I went in and dove into the world of art supplies. I got three pens and after I ran a few errands I found a nice little area to sit and sketch as I waited for my train back home. I remember reading a post on someone's blog about including the white space (I'll have to find that blog/post) so this was my attempt at it. Also wanted to try all three of my new pens so this is the final outcome. 

SO! Back to the daily routine in California..

No comments:

Post a Comment