Sunday, June 24, 2012

In Claremont


Went to Claremont today for their farmers market only to realize I didnt have cash or my ATM card. Went to Some Crust Bakery to feel better and ordered delicious egg/veggie sliders and coffee. That long strip of paper is the order form that I took so I can continue to dream about the countless pairings for a delicious egg slider. Choose egg or veggie, bread, two fillings, and sauce. Meats and avocado become extra $. Remember to mark ‘sauce on side’ next time. I got an egg slider on rosemary bread with spinach, tomato, and pesto sauce and a veggie slider on rosemary bread with bell peppers, red onions, and garlic aioli sauce. Their veggie slider is good (or that sauce was so bomb) but something about the egg, you know that taste that veggies can’t simply capture. Both are delicious and at two bucks a pop you cannot go wrong.


This sketch was done while in Some Crust and looking out their window. The silhouettes I put in, the child is too weird (well because I made it up) and people kept on walking by so this is my attempt at trying to draw a moving silhouette. People are definitely hard to draw! Then I spilled coffee (note to self to dab at it with a napkin instead of wiping it off with hand) and so that’s what the weird stain is all about. Cars are a bit too awkward, should’ve put that silhouette in front of that car on the left because I enjoyed how my truck came out. Maybe put in more detail in the roads and the background buildings. Gain more confidence to sketch in public without the feel of rushing because of possible onlookers judging my sketch…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment